The Who to Play Classic-Rock Mega Fest, Roger Daltrey Says

The Who to Play Classic-Rock Mega Fest, Roger Daltrey Says

233
0

The Who to Play Classic Rock Mega Fest, Roger Daltrey Says news

Roger Daltrey has confirmed that the Who will take part in a classic-rock festival later this year. Kevin Mazur/WireImage/Getty

Roger Daltrey has confirmed the Who‘s participation in a rumored classic-rock festival this fall. The organizers of Coachella had previously announced that they were eyeing October 7th through 9th to showcase a summit of the world’s biggest artists: the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Roger Waters and the Who. The other artists have yet to confirm their participation.

“I think it’s us and Roger Waters on the same day,” Daltrey said in an interview with Postmedia Network, according to Toronto Sun. “I mean it’s a fantastic idea for a festival. It’s the greatest remains of our era. I’m glad we made it.”

He went on to marvel at the scope of the proposed fest. “It’s a great idea,” he said. “I just hope a lot of normal fans can get tickets before they get snatched up.”

The concert’s promoters, Goldenvoice, told Los Angeles Times earlier this month that contracts for the festival were “nearing completion.” They proposed that Dylan and the Stones would open the weekend with a Friday set. Young with Promise of the Real would play before McCartney on Saturday. And the Who and Waters would close out the weekend that Sunday. Billboard reported that the producers were considering structuring it like Coachella by having the program repeat the following weekend.

“It’s so special in so many ways, because you won’t get a chance to see a bill like this, perhaps ever again,” Young’s manager, Elliot Roberts, told the Times. “It’s a show I look forward to more than any show in a long time.”

source

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY